About Us



We are a group of writers based in Dorchester, Massachusetts.

In art history, pentimenti are painted-over images which reappear once the surface layer begins to fade. These ghostly images tell a story about the artist's evolving thought process.

We as writers mine our pasts, imaginations, and experiences to uncover our own pentimenti, the images that we paint over and hide but which eventually resurface one way or another. We come from different places and generations, but share a belief in the power of writing to challenge, heal, delight, and inspire.

Friday, March 23, 2012

Cover Me



I have seen some bridges, you know…I’ve seen them.
Liken to those in my dreaming eye 
covered with Heaven’s hand, those long ago hallowed halls of travel to
passion and the raw beauty of nature -
God’s very breath.

I have touched some bridges, I tell you…I’ve touched them,
and they crooned the sultry longings, pain and desires of Lady Day,
the cool, low, creamy tones of Johnny Hartman as we melted into one another
sweeping, swaying, swinging

I have walked on some bridges, I say…I’ve walked on them,
as the rippling rivers underneath spoke of magic
creating a love lasting all the way to forever.

I have danced on some bridges; I remember…I’ve danced on them.
Oh, to once again dance with you so stand-still slowly on those old wise planks
of long ago that sung time by with their melodic aged creaking as they
wrap timbered arms tightly around lives lived, hearts found.

I have seen some bridges, you know…I’ve seen them.
Liken to those in my dreaming eye
covered with Heaven’s hand.
safe harbor from doubt, despair, tears yet to fall.
Those long ago hallowed halls of travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment