About Us



We are a group of writers based in Dorchester, Massachusetts.

In art history, pentimenti are painted-over images which reappear once the surface layer begins to fade. These ghostly images tell a story about the artist's evolving thought process.

We as writers mine our pasts, imaginations, and experiences to uncover our own pentimenti, the images that we paint over and hide but which eventually resurface one way or another. We come from different places and generations, but share a belief in the power of writing to challenge, heal, delight, and inspire.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Easier with You (First version, written in my twenties)


Shades drawn, closing out a hazy dawn
while a jazzman playing low from a scratchy stereo
sounds of last night's song.

And lazy on my pillow, I stray into a glowy mellow.
There I wander into the beauty of living and filled with
a newness sown by you.

And it’s easier with you breathing beside me, ‘cause
you've taken away all the hollow nights and days when
time was just too free.  My reasons in loving you are in
the things you prove.  It's so much easier with you.

Daylight hustles into the city's glare, and to face another
day with thoughts of running away to roads that call me there.
Although I want to follow and drown into a stony sorrow,
but since you've entered into my sinking future and filled it with
the power of love, I find that all that is, is so much Easier
With You.

No comments:

Post a Comment