About Us



We are a group of writers based in Dorchester, Massachusetts.

In art history, pentimenti are painted-over images which reappear once the surface layer begins to fade. These ghostly images tell a story about the artist's evolving thought process.

We as writers mine our pasts, imaginations, and experiences to uncover our own pentimenti, the images that we paint over and hide but which eventually resurface one way or another. We come from different places and generations, but share a belief in the power of writing to challenge, heal, delight, and inspire.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Easier With You (second version, written in my senior years)


With shades drawn, closing out a hazy dawn
I still embrace the rhythm of last night's song.
Waves of a jazzman's horn is playing low
while a singer's voice wanders off into a whisper.
I have become entangled within a dream.  There
I find myself moving so very slow, as the music
plays softly from a scratchy stereo.

And lazy on my pillow, I stray into a glowy mellow.
Where my heart is racing to catch each beat.
There I wander into the beauty of a new beginning
overshadowed by the fear of yesterday's memories.
Those words of thunder and betrayal of trust.  Now
forgotten, now so faraway, now, my heart is filled
with a newness sown by you.

And it's easier with you breathing here beside me.
You've never doubted me.  You've allowed me to talk
forever about who or what I plan to be.  Even though
I sound so outrageous, so silly about staying free -
like a purple, green and yellow winged butterfly.
I mean, you care about me.  You're a first!

Daylight hustles into the city's glare, and to face
another day with thoughts of running away to roads
that call me there.  Although I want to follow and
drown into a stony sorrow.  I remember your touch
and your sighs.  Now that you've entered my life and filled
it with a powerful love.  I need to be here.  All that is
good in life and all that is really real is so much easier
with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment